Wednesday, December 14, 2005

MNF Aftermath

Well...it was a fun game to watch, yet in the end it finished just how I predicted. Once again Mr. Vick had some rushing touchdowns on the Saints' D. I for one don't agree with that touchdown call where Vick's hand "supposively" hit the pill on. First, I would like to say that the team was looking good in the first half. Hey I was pumped after that Brooks-to-Hakim TD right at the end of the second quarter! Compared to other games this year, Haslett really had the team visualizing victory. Though, once again we gave ATL some points with silly mistakes. (Horn's early fumble!) Despite all the grief he receives, Aaron Brooks does have one heck of a cannon. I mean when he wisps that ball threw the air, it's impressive. Too bad a lot of the times that action takes place, the play turns into an INT. Another thing dealing with Brooks is the offensive line. Don't get me wrong I think Brooks deserves the majority of the grief he gets, but sometimes the troubles are on the O-line. It seems the big ugly boys up front block occasionally like folding chairs. Like that safety ATL had on New Orleans. Brooks had absolutely no time. It is very frustrating for him to do anything when the instant the ball hits his hands, the opponent is driving into his chest. With all the events surrounding New Orleans and this team, I think Brooks and Haslett will definitely be back. I remember coming into this season I had playoff hopes for the team. That changed dramatically once I began to understand how difficult a situation this organization was in. If Benson were to fire Haslett after this season he would seem even more heartless. Haslett has really done a terrific job considering the tragedy his team has had to face. No NFL team has ever encountered what Jim's team has taken on this season. Morally, it wouldn't be right to fire a hardworking coach who has done his best with the worst conditions. Brooks will be back because attracting free agents to N.O. is not going to be easy whatsoever. The organization knows they'll have to stick with what they've got. Let's hope Adrian McPherson comes along during the 2006 season. I really want to see if he's that good. Plus, I'm tired of seeing Brooks under center. All in all, it has just been a rough year for the men in black and gold. At 3-10 the team is in the hunt for a very high draft pick. None the less, Coach Haslett has this team working their tails off every game. And just for that, Jim should be given another chance. 'Nuff said...

No comments: