Monday, January 23, 2006

...And I Thought 62 Was Good...

Remember that article I wrote on December 22, 2005 talking about the 62 points Kobe Bryant put up in 33 minutes? Remember how I talked about how if Kobe had played in the 4th quarter he surely would have broken David Thompson's record of 75 points in a game? Well how about this one! Kobe put up 81 points. I was in disbelief when I watched the highlights of the Lakers/Raptors game. It still has not totally sunk in. The man put up 81 points for crying out loud! The next closest guy was Shawn Marion who had 37 points against Seattle in double overtime. Bryant had more than twice the amount of points than Marion and he only played in four quarters! Like I have said in the past, Kobe Bryant is the best player in the game right now. When he is on, nobody is better than him. Not Tracy McGrady, not Tim Duncan, or even Shaquille O'Neal. Nobody. Mr. Bryant deserves all the praise he'll be getting for this unimaginable 81 point game, BUT do not start making claims that Kobe's 81 point performance was better than the Big Dipper's 100. No, don't start that. None the less, it may not be the single greatest basketball performance ever, but I still think 81 points is pretty darn good. 'Nuff said...

No comments: