Monday, November 27, 2006

NFL Network: Road to $Greed$

This past week I had the joy of going home to see my family and friends, while enjoying a good Thanksgiving dinner. And as always, I watched the annual Thanksgiving NFL games that concerned the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys. Though for some reason this year was different. Not because for once a night game was going to be played on Thanksgiving, but rather the fact that this "night game" was something the typical homeowner had to pay a little extra cash to be able to watch. The Kansas City Chiefs were hosting the Denver Broncos in a critical AFC West matchup. The game was probably going to be a lot better than the Detroit/Miami and Dallas/Tampa Bay games. For some reason the NFL looked past the simple concept this was a national holiday and instead looked at the only thing that seems to matter nowadays: money. I was interested in the game, but I was not going to call up my cable provider in order to get the NFL Network, just to watch a silly, non-Saints game. To me, this financial-cheapshot move is something that reminds me of another sport that revolves around nothing more than money. Good ole boxing. Keep it up NFL! I am sure Thursday Night football is going to be great for the 2% of the country that actually gets the NFL Network, but that doesn't matter. As long as you get your money things will be just fine. 'Nuff said.

No comments: